I'm going to see how long this idea lasts, it could be this week, it could be a month, it could be a while. Whatever, I'm going to try and make a list of the 10 most memorable things that happen during a week. They don't have to be the best, just memorable. It's my easier-than-writing-a- journal way of keeping track of things. I'm not even certain that they'll always be in order. In fact, the more I think about it, what I'll do is go by day, which means that things that are in the 10,9,8 spots will be things that happened earlier in the week, and then build upwards.
So for this week:
10. Valentine's Day-the movie and the holiday. Neither was terrible, surprising as that may seem for a single lady. Any day that involves Bradley Cooper and great Florentine Eggs Benedict can't be bad, right?
9. Finding great vinyl: This week's haul included Bon Jovi's "Slippery When Wet"; Bob Seger & The Silver Bullet Band "Stranger in Town"; The Flashdance soundtrack and the Footloose soundtrack
8. Another HOLIDAY-which means another Monday not working. Never a bad thing
7. The Courteeners new single "You Overdid it Doll"
6. Tunng's new single "Hustle"
5. Nineteen Seventy Four-the novel. You can read my review from the sidebar
4. The Winter Olympics-even though I'm not as excited about them as I used to be when I was younger, there's something about the Olympics that still get me a little excited and watching Evan Lysacek and Johnny Weir skate, and even though only one of them beat the kinda creepy/definitely smarmy Plushenko
3. The Ricky Gervais Show-It's new on HBO and you should DVR it stat if you can
2. TV show theme songs-Debate of the week: What's the best tv show theme song ever? I'm throwing out The Wonder Years, Cheers, and Growing Pains. You can make up your own list though
1. Shutter Island- if it had come out last year, there's a really good chance that it would be in my Top 5. It's atmospheric, engaging, tenuous and it blew my mind. It's a trip from beginning to end and it's definitely something that should be seen. Full review, soon, I hope